Towards HaB 2.0 Curricular Intervention and Inter-institutional Collaboration
The planning of HaB 2.0 took place in two phases in February 2020 at a quiet mountain and lakeside retreat at Kireethara Boutique Resort, Chiang Mai. It was co-hosted by Chiang Mai University.
Phase 1: Curricular Intervention and Design Workshop
Dates: 13-17 Februray 2020
- To share methodological aspects of individual HaB projects that have contributed to re-imagining syllabi and pedagogies.
- To review HaB syllabi for their design, content and potential in producing trans-disciplinary, situated knowledge in global context.
- To articulate and collectively draft a shared HaB curricular manifesto including keywords, structure, pedagogical guidelines and tools, values, skills, and resources.
Phase 2: Inter-institutional meeting towards HaB 2.0
Dates: 18- 20 February 2020
- To review the draft HaB pedagogical manifesto and ratify it as a commonly held document.
- To discuss the different modalities of institutionalisation of the HaB methodology within each participating university as well as at the level of the HaB consortium.
- To discuss the long-term sustainability of the graduate programme in Global Humanities across Borders.
- Drafting the shared funding proposal for HaB 2.0