Humanities across Borders (HAB) Web-content Editor internship
The International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS) in Leiden, the Netherlands is seeking a HAB web-content editor intern (0.6 FTE) for the period 1 September 2022 to 31 January 2023.
About the International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS) and Humanities Across Borders (HAB)
The International Institute for Asian Studies (IIAS) is a global humanities and social sciences research institute and knowledge exchange platform based in Leiden, the Netherlands. IIAS aims to contribute to a better and more integrated understanding of present-day Asian realities as well as to rethink 'Asian Studies' in a changing global context (www.iias.asia) .
HAB is an initiative of the International Institute for Asian Studies to invigorate the Humanities with innovative pedagogies grounded in local experience in different locations around the world. Its aim is to offer models of international collaboration that place institutions of higher education in the global North and South, as well as those marginalized in the North, on an equal and collaborative footing (https://humanitiesacrossborders.org/).
We are looking for a HAB web-content editor intern to write, proofread and publish online content in collaboration with the HAB partners across the world. He or she will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Encouraging the HAB researchers to contribute to the HAB website with the medium of the blog posts (https://humanitiesacrossborders.org/blog) and the accession cards; (https://humanitiesacrossborders.org/accession-cards) on their research projects;
- Proofreading, re-structuring and editing articles by content writers;
- Updating the HAB website with new content, such as recommended readings and events in discussion with the HAB team
Ultimately, he or she will produce engaging quality content that speaks to the HAB network and beyond and boosts engagement within the project.
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience with web platforms and digital media-audio, video, image, and texts
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, knowledge in French, or any other language will be a plus
- Good understanding of and interest in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences, especially in the method of oral/visual histories
- Enrolled in a BA or MA degree program at a Dutch higher education institution, preferably in the field of Asian/African Studies or on an Asia/Africa-related subject
- Demonstrate initiative, team spirit, and good communication skills, especially in intercultural contexts
The intern must be registered as a student at a Dutch higher education institution during the entire internship period. The size of the internship is 0.6 FTE (three days a week); working days in consultation. The HAB offers an internship allowance depending on the duration of the internship.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this internship at IIAS, please send a Letter of Motivation and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 1 July 2022. Please include the internship title HAB web-content editor intern in the subject line. For more information, contact Ms Xiaolan Lin, Programme Coordinator HAB at email@example.com.
Interviews with potential candidates will take place in mid-July.